Re 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan. Failure to get the adjustment right will eventually burn up the transmission due to insufficient line pressure. When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission.
Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, site aligning all holes. Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground.
How to Wire a Switch to Lock Up the Torque Converter on a R Transmission
Attach the constant side of the toggle switch. This time, free dating sites for mature I will use an electronic speedo. Consult your speedometer manufacturer for its recommended solution. Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission. Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
A Carbureted 350 We find the answer
It Still Runs
What s Needed to Install a 700-R4 or 4L60E Trans Behind Carbureted 350
Externally, all it needs is a volt source and an engine-vacuum reference. Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire. Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake. Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, date speed dating checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling.
Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery. There are no external adjustments and no noncomputer workarounds. The trans is new enough that it has a lot of wires going to it.
Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan. Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission. Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench.
700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
- To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us.
- Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, so it can be secured later.
- Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, and install it.
R4 TCC/lockup wiring - The Forums
Over the years, various aftermarket companies have offered retrofit brackets and other solutions to ease the pain of putting a behind an older carburetor. There are various home-brewed ways to accomplish this, but due to detailed differences through the years, such schemes may not be applicable to every model. This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, having standards in dating quotes in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. Back the vehicle off the car ramps.
- Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it.
- Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, as this may damage your vehicle.
- Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid.
- Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email.
- Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping.